Summer at last! If you’re a Chicago wedding DJ, there’s no question – celebrations are in full swing and the crowds are dancing like crazy.
But what songs, exactly, are they dancing to?
Each Monday, we ask one question of our wedding DJs in Chicago: Which songs killed it on your dance floors this past weekend? If May 2018’s answers are anything to go by, Chicago wedding crowds are into… well, a little bit of everything right now.
First, a few disclaimers:
- This list is NOT scientific. If you want to know which songs are stastically popular across the country, there are plenty of other places to look. There are just our DJs’ memories of what happened with one particular group of guests at one particular event over the last few weeks. And what happened was, those guests partied down.
- It’s not just what you play; it’s also when you play it. Some of the songs below might be terrible with a different crowd – or even with the same crowd, played at a different time of night. That’s what makes DJs are better than jukeboxes: They’ve learned to take your requests, read your dance floor, and then put your music in the right context to make it a party.
Here’s how we did that last month:
DJ Stephen Vaughn
1. Every Time We Touch – Cascada
2. Bodak Yellow – Cardi B
3. No Hands – Waka Flocka
DJ Scott Krema
1. Despacito – Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee
2. Pony – Ginuwine
3. All the Small Things – Blink 182
DJ Jack Murray
1. 24k Magic – Bruno Mars
2. Cupid Shuffle – Cupid
DJ Andrew McGarvey
1. You Shook Me All Night Long – AC/DC
2. Turn Down for What – DJ Snake, Lil John
3. The Wobble – V.I.C.
DJ Keaton Michael
1. Wannabe – Spice Girls
2. Everybody (Backstreet’s Back) – Backstreet Boys
Want more ideas from our wedding DJs in Chicago? Subscribe to this blog.