July is crazy month for DJs, with couples all over taking advantage of the warm weather and summer schedules to plan their wedding bashes. This year was no exception – but which songs were the biggest on those wedding dance floors?
Each Monday, we ask our Chicago wedding DJs that very thing. Here are the songs they told us were hitting big at Chicago weddings all through July 2018.
First, a few disclaimers:
- This list is NOT scientific. If you want to know which songs are stastically popular across the country, there are plenty of other places to look. There are just our DJs’ memories of what happened with one particular group of guests at one particular event over the last few weeks. And what happened was, those guests partied down.
- It’s not just what you play; it’s also when you play it. Some of the songs below might be terrible with a different crowd – or even with the same crowd, played at a different time of night. That’s what makes DJs are better than jukeboxes: They’ve learned to take your requests, read your dance floor, and then put your music in the right context to make it a party.
Here’s how we did that in July:
DJ Scott Krema
1. Drake – God’s Plan
2. Can’t Stop the Feeling – Justin Timberlake
3. Take Me Home, Country Roads – John Denver
DJ Jack Murray
1. Africa – Toto
2. Loch Lomond – Peter Hollens (for a Scottish wedding)
3. 500 Miles – Proclaimers
DJ Andrew McGarvey
1. Like a Prayer – Madonna
2. All of Me – John Legend
3. Intergalactic – Beastie Boys
DJ Stephen Vaughn
1. Party in the U.S.A. – Miley Cyrus
2. Every Time We Touch – Cascada
3. The Middle – Jimmy Eat World
DJ Keaton Michael
1. Tik Tok – Ke$ha
2. Dynamite – Taio Cruz
3. The Kolo (a traditional South Slavic folk dance for a Bosnian wedding)
Want more ideas from our wedding DJs in Chicago? Subscribe to this blog.